The Lock Pick is a tool used by Garrett to bypass the locking mechanisms of various doors, safes and boxes/trunks, without having to find the corresponding key.
- Level 1: Slightly increases lockpicking sensitivity.
- Level 2: Greatly increases lockpicking sensitivity.
- Level 3: Massively increases lockpicking sensitivity.
- As seen in a piece of the game's concept art, rather than just having one "universal" Lock Pick set, Garrett was supposed to have three different sets of Lockpicks, one for three different types of pin tumbler locks.
- By purchasing the "Ghost" DLC Booster Pack, the Lock Pick's Level 3 upgrade can be unlocked (and acquired) without having to spend gold to purchase the first and second upgrades.
- If the booster pack is purchased, the upgrade is not available right away. Instead, it can be acquired from Garrett's resource storage trunk (which is located in his hideout) upon entering the clock tower after completing Chapter 1.
- As shown in both versions of the Out of the Shadows trailer, Garrett stores one half of his lock pick set in slots located on the undersides of his gloves.