|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows® PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360|
|Release date(s)||Feb 25, 2014 (NA)|
Feb 27, 2014 (AU)
Feb 28, 2014 (EU)
Thief is a 2014 first-person stealth video game developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix. It was released on February 25th, 2014 in North America, February 27th, 2014 in Australia and February 28th, 2014 in Europe for Microsoft Windosws, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. This game is marked as a reboot of the original Thief series.
Garrett, the Master Thief, steps out of the shadows into the City. In this treacherous place, where the Baron's Watch spreads a rising tide of fear and oppression, his skills are the only things he can trust. Even the most cautious citizens and their best-guarded possessions are not safe from his reach.
- Baron Northcrest
- madam Xiao Xiao
To be added...
- missions have objectives and optional objectives, and new objectives
- auto and manual saves
- Drag body
- Loot body
- Focus Upgrades: efficiency, speed, combat, dexterity, stealth, sense, intuition, marksman.
- Pickpocket, double pickpocket with timed circle
- Gold - Amount
- An easy venture for busy thieves who want stealing and story without the sweat.
- Opponents are weak and less aware, Resources are low in cost and plentiful
- A normal balance for accomplished thieves who like a little risk with their reward.
- Opponents are competent and aware, Resources are affordable in cost and available
- A hard time for dedicated thieves who believe a challenge is everything.
- Opponents deadly and civilian kills or knockouts are not tolerated, Resources and upgrades are more expensive, The Focus meter depletes at a much faster rate
- Earn points and get ranked in the Leaderboards (PS4). Enable/disable abilities, items and saves
- Light gem - lower left
- Focus meter - lower left, outer bar
- Health - lower left, light green bar
- Shroud - screen boarder when hiding
- Interactive items are highlighted
- Location notification - lower left when entering new area
- Gold amount listed on left when acquired then fade away
- Circular mini-map in upper right, shows compass North, and rotates with you
- Item popup
- Lists arrows, health and focus regen items, and oil bottles?
- Prologue: The Drop
- Chapter 1: Lockdown
- Chapter 2: Dust to Dust
- Chapter 3: Dirty Secrets
- Chapter 4: A Friend in Need
- Chapter 5: The Forsaken
- Chapter 6: A Man Apart
- Chapter 7: The Hidden City
- Chapter 8: The Dawn's Light
- Hub: The City Hub
- Client Jobs: Hand Tailored
- Client Jobs: Happy Medium
- Client Jobs: Silence Is Golden
- Client Jobs: The Carnal Connoisseur
- Client Jobs: Heartbroken
- Client Jobs: Sideshow Attraction
- DLC: The Bank Heist
- DLC: The Forsaken - Challenge Map
- Item DLC
- DLC: Booster Pack - Opportunist
- DLC: Booster Pack - Predator
- DLC: Booster Pack - Ghost
Originally announced in 2009 under the working title Thief 4, after rumous of its development began to surface. Developed by Eidos Montreal, the game was handled by a team separate from the team that developed the similarly stealth-oriented Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The game remained in concept phase for a long time. During this, numerous experimental design changes were proposed, such as having a third person perspective, having a new protagonist, or environmental clambering similar to the Assassin's Creed series of games.
After some gossip that several major members of Eidos Montréal left their jobs, the general manager of the studio, Stephane D'Astous, countered these claims by saying, "We will be able to be a little more communicative later on, hopefully before the year's end. Right now, Thief is our priority and we're putting everything behind it to make sure it's as successful as our first game". Eidos Montreal was expanded in 2010 with a separate team to work exclusively on multiplayer development.
Although the game was initially expected for the last generation of consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3), it was switched to the current, most recent phase during development. The game will release on PC, PlayStation 4 Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS3. The game is not another sequel, it is a reboot. Based upon initial press release photos Phil Savage of PC Gamer made some comparisons to Dishonored, stating "It all looks a bit Dishonored, which is apt, given that Dishonored looked a bit Thief."
- eidos forum thread
Includes The Bank Heist Mission (DLC)
Master Thief EditionEdit
Exclusively available for PC through digital download.
The Master Thief Edition includes:
- Digital Art Book
- Get access to the official digital collection of stunning concept art that offers a sneak peek into the shadowy world of THIEF.
- Digital Comic Book
- Obtain a comic book series exclusive to this limited edition
- Get access to all of the comic books in the THIEF series
- Discover riveting story development that can only be experienced through these comic books
- Available at digital.darkhorse.com/thief in English and French - login required - redeem keys required.
- Booster Pack
- Booster Pack: Get access to an exclusive bundle of optional in-game consumables that can empower you and hasten your progression through THIEF.
- Digital soundtrack
- A remarkable collection of THIEF tracks.
- 10 tracks available at www.sumthing.com/thiefredeem - no login required - redeem key required. Individually download or 55.2MB zip for all.
- THIEF: The Bank Heist
- THIEF DLC: The Forsaken - Challenge Map
- THIEF DLC: Booster Pack - Opportunist
- THIEF DLC: Booster Pack - Predator
- THIEF DLC: Booster Pack - Ghost
A playable demo of Lockdown was made available for the XBOX 1 and PS4 on May 28, 2014.
- Original Thief v1.0 build 4107.3
- Patch for Thief, v1.1 build 4110.1 - 44.2MB release notes
- Patch for Thief, v1.2 build 4116.4 - 99.2MB release notes
- Patch for Thief, v1.3 build 4118.5 - ???MB release notes
- Patch for Thief, v1.4 build 4133.3 - 173.5MB release notes
- Patch for Thief, v1.5 build 4158.5 - 172.1MB release notes
XBOX 360 - TU (title update) - release notes
XBOX 1 - TU (title update) -release notes
PS3 Patch 01.02 - release notes
PS4 Patch 01.02 - release notes